Auction #17: Signed copy of The Reinvention of Edison Thomas from Jacqueline Houtman
Description: The Reinvention of Edison Thomas (Front Street/Boyds Mills Press, 2010)
Middle school student Eddy Thomas loves science and inventing, but has trouble with people, including his old friend turned bully. Finally he meets some friends who appreciate his abilities and respect his unique view of the world. With their help can he rethink his definition of success?
Selected by Read On Wisconsin, the Kansas State Reading Circle, and CCBC
Choices 2011. Starred Review from Library Media Connection.
“…A perceptive look at a complicated mind, the novel is steeped
in the world of science … and the quirky humor and authentic
characters should have wide appeal.”–Publishers Weekly
Estimated Value: $17.95
Minimum Bid: $10
Auction Begins: Wednesday 3/23 @ 9:00AM EDT
Auction Ends: Monday 3/28 @ 9:00AM EDT
Bio: Jacqueline Houtman spent much of her life in training as a scientist, earning a PhD in Medical Microbiology and Immunology. After leaving the lab, she began a career as a freelance science writer. Her middle grade novel, The Reinvention of Edison Thomas (Front Street 2010) is an example of what she calls “sciency fiction” for kids, which incorporates accurate science as an integral part of the story.
Author Jacqueline Houtman’s Website: http://www.jhoutman.com
- Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount; anonymous bidding is not allowed.
- Do not bid unless you intend to pay that amount to a designated charity organization.
- Bids are in U.S. Dollars.
- Bids under $50 must be at least $1 more than the previous bid; bids from $50 to under $100 must be at least $2 more than the previous bid; bids of $100 or more must be at least $5 more than the previous bid. Overbids are encouraged.
- Highest bid before the end of the auction wins; if the highest bid is less than the reserve amount, the auction is extended until the reserve amount is reached; if no reserve amount is stated, the reserve amount is 50% of the item’s estimated value.
- Winning bid is not final until the winning bidder is notified by email. Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
- For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.