Auction #23: A collection of signed books & Skype session from Kate Messner
Description: You’re bidding on a collection of signed books from author Kate Messner, some already available in bookstores and some that won’t be available to the public for a while yet!
Winner receives the four signed books listed below as well as a 30-minute Skype session with Kate. This can be a Skype chat with your classroom, library, or book club — or a one-on-one Skype mentoring session with an aspiring writer during which she’ll offer feedback on a query letter, short picture book, or 1st page of a novel and/or answer writing & publishing questions.
Signed books include:
* 2010 E.B. White Read Aloud winner, The Brilliant Fall of Gianna Z., a novel about a 7th grade girl who left her school leaf collection project to the last minute and has one week to finish…or else! (Walker/Bloomsbury, 2009)
* Sugar and Ice, about a middle school figure skater from a small-town maple farm who earns a scholarship to train with the elite in Lake Placid. (Walker/Bloomsbury, 2010)
* Marty McGuire, the first in a fun new chapter book series with Scholastic (signed ARC of book releasing in May 2011)
* Sea Monster’s First Day, a picture book about a sea monster’s first day in a new school…of fish! (Summer 2011–signed, advance-copy hardcover)
Estimated Value: $200
Auction Begins: Wednesday 3/23 @ 3:00PM EDT
Auction Ends: Monday 3/28 @ 3:00PM EDT
Bio: Kate Messner is the author of E.B. White Read Aloud Award winner THE BRILLIANT FALL OF GIANNA Z. as well as SUGAR AND ICE (Walker/Bloomsbury 2010), the MARTY MCGUIRE chapter book series with Scholastic, and picture books SEA MONSTER’S FIRST DAY(Summer ’11) and OVER AND UNDER THE SNOW (Fall ’11) both from Chronicle Books. She’s also a National Board Certified middle school English teacher. Learn more at her website: http://www.katemessner.com.
Author Kate Messner’s Website: http://www.katemessner.com
- Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount; anonymous bidding is not allowed.
- Do not bid unless you intend to pay that amount to a designated charity organization.
- Bids are in U.S. Dollars.
- Bids under $50 must be at least $1 more than the previous bid; bids from $50 to under $100 must be at least $2 more than the previous bid; bids of $100 or more must be at least $5 more than the previous bid. Overbids are encouraged.
- Highest bid before the end of the auction wins; if the highest bid is less than the reserve amount, the auction is extended until the reserve amount is reached; if no reserve amount is stated, the reserve amount is 50% of the item’s estimated value.
- Winning bid is not final until the winning bidder is notified by email. Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
- For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.