Auction #29: Critique of up to 20 pages of YA or MG novel from Deborah Davis
Description: Top three bidders will receive an encouraging critique of up to 20 pages of middle grade or young adult novel includes comments on manuscript, a 2- to 3-page editorial letter outlining the manuscript’s strengths and weaknesses, and suggestions for revision. Comments and suggestions will address characters, voice, setting, plot, theme, and other story elements.
Estimated Value: $200 times 3 winners
Minimum Bid: $120
Auction Begins: Thursday 3/24 @ 1:00PM EDT
Auction Ends: Tuesday 3/29 @ 1:00PM EDT
Bio: Deborah Davis is the author of three award-winning novels for young people and editor of a non-fiction anthology. She teaches writing workshops, speaks at conferences, and offers manuscript critiques as well as coaching and mentoring for teen and adult writers. Her most recent novel, Not Like You, was included in the NYPL’s Books for the Teen Age, received a starred review in School Library Journal, and was a finalist for the Northern California Independent Bookseller’s Association Book of the Year Award. She lives in Berkeley, CA.
Author Deborah Davis’s Website: http://www.deborahdavisauthor.com
- Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount; anonymous bidding is not allowed.
- Do not bid unless you intend to pay that amount to a designated charity organization.
- Bids are in U.S. Dollars.
- Bids under $50 must be at least $1 more than the previous bid; bids from $50 to under $100 must be at least $2 more than the previous bid; bids of $100 or more must be at least $5 more than the previous bid. Overbids are encouraged.
- Highest bid before the end of the auction wins; if the highest bid is less than the reserve amount, the auction is extended until the reserve amount is reached; if no reserve amount is stated, the reserve amount is 50% of the item’s estimated value.
- Winning bid is not final until the winning bidder is notified by email. Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
- For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.