Auction #32: 2 Books, 1 ARC, much Swag from Kathryn Erskine
- Signed copy of paperback MOCKINGBIRD (Philomel 2010), 2010 National Book Award Winner
- Signed copy of paperback QUAKING (Philomel 2007)
- Signed copy of ARC of THE ABSOLUTE VALUE OF MIKE
- Swag: Stickers, post cards, temporary tattoos, gummy worms, Life Savers, mystery gift
Estimated Value: $25
Minimum Bid: $20
Auction Begins: Thursday 3/24 @ 4:00PM EDT
Auction Ends: Tuesday 3/29 @ 4:00PM EDT
Bio: Kathryn Erskine, a lawyer-turned-author, grew up in six countries, an experience that helps her view life, and her writing, from different perspectives. Her novels include Mockingbird (Philomel 2010), the 2010 National Book Award Winner for Young People’s Literature, Quaking (Philomel 2007), an American Library Association Top Ten Quick Pick for Reluctant Readers, and upcoming, The Absolute Value of Mike (Philomel, June 2011), described as Cannery Row meets Seedfolks. While covering weighty topics, her books have warmth and humor, making difficult issues approachable. She is a writing instructor and frequent workshop presenter.
Author Kathryn Erskine’s Website: http://www.kathrynerskine.com
- Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount; anonymous bidding is not allowed.
- Do not bid unless you intend to pay that amount to a designated charity organization.
- Bids are in U.S. Dollars.
- Bids under $50 must be at least $1 more than the previous bid; bids from $50 to under $100 must be at least $2 more than the previous bid; bids of $100 or more must be at least $5 more than the previous bid. Overbids are encouraged.
- Highest bid before the end of the auction wins; if the highest bid is less than the reserve amount, the auction is extended until the reserve amount is reached; if no reserve amount is stated, the reserve amount is 50% of the item’s estimated value.
- Winning bid is not final until the winning bidder is notified by email. Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
- For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.