Auction #38: Signed first edition copies of two A.C.E. Bauer’s middle grade novels and one audio production (5-CD set). from A.C.E. Bauer
- A signed first edition hardcover copy of the middle grade novel COME FALL by A.C.E. Bauer, published in 2010 by Random House Children’s Books. It tells the story of a friendship between three kids on the fringes of the middle school social order who become pawns in a game of jealous one-upmanship between Oberon and Titania, the King and Queen of Faery. Loosely based on the changeling’s tale in Shakespeare’s A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM, this is a story of magical intervention in the least magical of settings: a public middle school. COME FALL received a starred review from PUBLISHERS WEEKLY, and was placed on the on the CCBC Choices 2011 for best books for children published in 2010.
- A signed first edition hardcover copy of the middle grade novel NO CASTLES HERE by A.C.E. Bauer, published in 2007 by Random House Children’s Book. It tells the story of a bullied 11-year-old boy who finds respect with the help of the meanest teacher in school, a mentor from the Big Brothers program who is gay, and the last of the fairy godmothers. NO CASTLES HERE received a starred review from KIRKUS REVIEWS, and is on the 2009 ALA Rainbow List.
- A signed 5-CD set of the unabridged audiobook for NO CASTLES HERE, read by John H. Mayer and produced by Listening Library in 2009.
Estimated Value: $53
Minimum Bid: $15
Auction Begins: Friday 3/25 @ 2:00PM EDT
Auction Ends: Wednesday 3/30 @ 2:00PM EDT
Bio: A.C.E. Bauer has been telling and writing stories since childhood. She has published two middle grade novel, NO CASTLES HERE, on the ALA Rainbow List, and COME FALL, on the CCBC Choices 2011 for best books for children published in 2010. Her third novel, and her first for young adults, GIL MARSH will be released in February, 2012. Born and raised in Montreal, she spends most of the year in New England, and much of the summer on a lake in Quebec. To learn more about A.C.E. Bauer and her writing, visit her website at http://acebauer.com.
Author A.C.E. Bauer’s Website: http://acebauer.com
- Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount; anonymous bidding is not allowed.
- Do not bid unless you intend to pay that amount to a designated charity organization.
- Bids are in U.S. Dollars.
- Bids under $50 must be at least $1 more than the previous bid; bids from $50 to under $100 must be at least $2 more than the previous bid; bids of $100 or more must be at least $5 more than the previous bid. Overbids are encouraged.
- Highest bid before the end of the auction wins; if the highest bid is less than the reserve amount, the auction is extended until the reserve amount is reached; if no reserve amount is stated, the reserve amount is 50% of the item’s estimated value.
- Winning bid is not final until the winning bidder is notified by email. Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
- For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.