Auction #40: Signed book and name a character in a future GALAXY GAMES book from Greg R. Fishbone
Description: A signed copy of the first GALAXY GAMES book, when it is available later this year, and a chance to name a minor character in a future book in the GALAXY GAMES series, either after yourself or a special person in your life. GALAXY GAMES: THE CHALLENGERS is one of the three launch books for Lee and Low’s new YA/MG SF/F imprint, Tu Books.
Things are looking up for Tyler Sato (literally!) as he and his friends scan the night sky for a star named for him by his Tokyo cousins in honor of his eleventh birthday. Ordinary stars tend to stay in one place, but Ty’s seems to be streaking directly toward Earth at an alarming rate. Soon the whole world is talking about TY SATO, the doomsday asteroid, and life is turned upside down for Ty Sato, the boy, who would rather be playing hoops in his best friend’s driveway.
Meanwhile, aboard a silver spaceship heading for Earth, M’Frozza, a girl with three eyes and five nose holes, is on a secret mission. M’Frozza is the captain of planet Mrendaria’s Galaxy Games team, and she is desperate to save her world from a dishonorable performance in the biggest sporting event in the universe.
What will happen when Ty meets M’Frozza? Get ready for the most important event in human history—it’s off the backboard, around the rim, and out of this world!
Estimated Value: 100
Auction Begins: Friday 3/25 @ 4:00PM EDT
Auction Ends: Wednesday 3/30 @ 4:00PM EDT
Bio: Greg R. Fishbone is the author of the upcoming GALAXY GAMES series from Tu Books, a new middle-grade and young adult imprint of Lee & Low Books. Greg has served since 2001 as Assistant Regional Coordinator for the three New England chapters of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators, and in 2006 he founded the 2k Classes of debut authors that now includes the Class of 2k7, Class of 2k8, Class of 2k9, Class of 2k10, Class of 2k11, and upcoming Class of 2k12. Greg lived and studied in Japan and experienced earthquakes while he was there. When the Sendai earthquake and tsunami struck a double blow in 2011, Greg founded Kidlit4Japan to rally the children’s literature community to support children affected by the disaster.
Author Greg R. Fishbone’s Website: http://gfishbone.com
- Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount; anonymous bidding is not allowed.
- Do not bid unless you intend to pay that amount to a designated charity organization.
- Bids are in U.S. Dollars.
- Bids under $50 must be at least $1 more than the previous bid; bids from $50 to under $100 must be at least $2 more than the previous bid; bids of $100 or more must be at least $5 more than the previous bid. Overbids are encouraged.
- Highest bid before the end of the auction wins; if the highest bid is less than the reserve amount, the auction is extended until the reserve amount is reached; if no reserve amount is stated, the reserve amount is 50% of the item’s estimated value.
- Winning bid is not final until the winning bidder is notified by email. Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
- For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.