Auction #45: First edition of Orbis Pictus winner “The Secret World of Walter Anderson” signed by author Hester Bass and illustrator E. B. Lewis from Hester Bass
Description: Passion for the beauty of nature defines the life and work of Walter Anderson, who may be the most famous American artist you’ve never heard of. His legacy, threatened with destruction by Hurricane Katrina, is revealed in “The Secret World of Walter Anderson” (Candlewick Press, 2009), winner of the 2010 NCTE Orbis Pictus Award. This first edition is signed by both author Hester Bass and illustrator E. B. Lewis.
Estimated Value: $25 times 2 winners
Minimum Bid: $25
Auction Begins: Monday 3/28 @ 1:00PM EDT
Auction Ends: Thursday 3/31 @ 1:00PM EDT
Bio: Hester Bass is a former actress, singing telegram messenger, and game show contestant who now writes books for children. Hester is the author of “The Secret World of Walter Anderson” (Candlewick Press, 2009, illustrated by E. B. Lewis), winner of the 2010 NCTE Orbis Pictus Award, the 2010 SIBA Book Award, and on several “Best of the Year” lists. After residing in GA, MA, NY, and MS, Hester now makes her home at the foot of a mountain in Alabama. Hester’s favorite things include turnip greens, kingfishers, and snapdragons.
Author Hester Bass’s Website: http://www.hesterbass.com
- Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount; anonymous bidding is not allowed.
- Do not bid unless you intend to pay that amount to a designated charity organization.
- Bids are in U.S. Dollars.
- Bids under $50 must be at least $1 more than the previous bid; bids from $50 to under $100 must be at least $2 more than the previous bid; bids of $100 or more must be at least $5 more than the previous bid. Overbids are encouraged.
- Highest bid before the end of the auction wins; if the highest bid is less than the reserve amount, the auction is extended until the reserve amount is reached; if no reserve amount is stated, the reserve amount is 50% of the item’s estimated value.
- Winning bid is not final until the winning bidder is notified by email. Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
- For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.