Auction #47: 20 page critique from Lynda Mullaly Hunt
Description: I will critique the first 20 pages of your mid-grade or YA novel. My strong suits would be to help you hone a reader-grabbing beginning, develop your character(s), and heighten emotion in your writing.
I’ll provide written notes but will, also, be happy to chat on the phone to answer any questions you may have.
Estimated Value: $50
Minimum Bid: $40
Auction Begins: Monday 3/28 @ 3:00PM EDT
Auction Ends: Thursday 3/31 @ 3:00PM EDT
Bio: Lynda Mullaly Hunt is the author of ONE FOR THE MURPHYS, a MG novel due out with Nancy Paulsen Books (Penguin) in May, 2012. Her agent is Erin Murphy. She is a former third/sixth grade teacher but is now home and writing up a storm. Lynda is the facilitator of The Writer’s Bloc, a critique group in central CT. As a Scenario Writing teacher to middle schoolers, she is awed by their talent on a daily basis. She is also the Director of the SCBWI Whispering Pines Retreat in Rhode Island. When Lynda isn’t at the keyboard, she can be found enjoying life with her husband, two teenagers, impetuous beagle, and beagle-loathing cat.
Author Lynda Mullaly Hunt’s Website: http://lyndamullalyhunt.com/
- Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount; anonymous bidding is not allowed.
- Do not bid unless you intend to pay that amount to a designated charity organization.
- Bids are in U.S. Dollars.
- Bids under $50 must be at least $1 more than the previous bid; bids from $50 to under $100 must be at least $2 more than the previous bid; bids of $100 or more must be at least $5 more than the previous bid. Overbids are encouraged.
- Highest bid before the end of the auction wins; if the highest bid is less than the reserve amount, the auction is extended until the reserve amount is reached; if no reserve amount is stated, the reserve amount is 50% of the item’s estimated value.
- Winning bid is not final until the winning bidder is notified by email. Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
- For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.