Auction #51: Partial Manuscript Critique from Lindsay Ribar
Description: I will read and evaluate the opening chapters of one Middle Grade or Young Adult fiction manuscript (up to 10,000 words) within three weeks of submission. I will write a general evaluation of the book, with a focus on character, language, and story structure. Line- and copy-editing are not included. Representation is not a guarantee, but not out of the question either.
Estimated Value: $100
Minimum Bid: $50
Auction Begins: Tuesday 3/29 @ 11:00AM EDT
Auction Ends: Friday 4/1 @ 11:00AM EDT
Bio: Lindsay Ribar is a junior agent at Sanford J. Greenburger Associates, where she also assists senior agent Matt Bialer. A graduate of New York University and the Columbia Publishing Course, Lindsay has worked on books of all kinds, from chick lit to thrillers, from brand-new authors to New York Times bestsellers. In addition to her agency job and occasional freelance editorial work, Lindsay is also a writer of young adult paranormal fiction, and is represented by Greenburger.
Agent Lindsay Ribar’s Website: http://www.greenburger.com
- Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount; anonymous bidding is not allowed.
- Do not bid unless you intend to pay that amount to a designated charity organization.
- Bids are in U.S. Dollars.
- Bids under $50 must be at least $1 more than the previous bid; bids from $50 to under $100 must be at least $2 more than the previous bid; bids of $100 or more must be at least $5 more than the previous bid. Overbids are encouraged.
- Highest bid before the end of the auction wins; if the highest bid is less than the reserve amount, the auction is extended until the reserve amount is reached; if no reserve amount is stated, the reserve amount is 50% of the item’s estimated value.
- Winning bid is not final until the winning bidder is notified by email. Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
- For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.