Auction #52: Signed rhyming picture book from Shirley Parenteau
Description: BEARS ON CHAIRS, a rhyming picture book published by Candlewick Press, emphasizes sharing and problem solving as five cuddly bears try to decide how to fit five bears on four chairs. Signed by the author.
Estimated Value: $16
Auction Begins: Tuesday 3/29 @ 12:00PM EDT
Auction Ends: Friday 4/1 @ 12:00PM EDT
Bio: Shirley Parenteau is a native Oregonian transplanted to California years ago. Her writing career began with outdoor and travel magazine articles. While her children were young, she sold eight children’s books to five publishers, then moved to women’s fiction, publishing five novels. Now with granddaughters, she has returned to writing for children. Candlewick Press has published ONE FROG SANG, a counting book, and BEARS ON CHAIRS, a rhyming picture book recently republished in a toddler board book format. A sequel BEARS IN BEDS will be published by Candlewick in Fall, 2012.
Author Shirley Parenteau’s Website: http://www.shirleyparenteau.com
- Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount; anonymous bidding is not allowed.
- Do not bid unless you intend to pay that amount to a designated charity organization.
- Bids are in U.S. Dollars.
- Bids under $50 must be at least $1 more than the previous bid; bids from $50 to under $100 must be at least $2 more than the previous bid; bids of $100 or more must be at least $5 more than the previous bid. Overbids are encouraged.
- Highest bid before the end of the auction wins; if the highest bid is less than the reserve amount, the auction is extended until the reserve amount is reached; if no reserve amount is stated, the reserve amount is 50% of the item’s estimated value.
- Winning bid is not final until the winning bidder is notified by email. Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
- For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.