Auction #61: A Book is a Garden Proverb Print from Grace Lin
Description: Digital inkjet print of “A Book is a Garden in One’s Pocket” from Grace’s series of proverb paintings that began as part of the Small Graces charity project.
Unframed and signed by the artist. Can be personalized (ex.”To Sam With Best Wishes, Grace Lin”) upon request.
Image size: 6 x 6 (appr.)
Paper size: 8.5 x 11
Print is not archival. This print will last longest when kept away from natural light.
Estimated Value: $20
Auction Begins: Wednesday 3/30 @ 1:00PM EDT
Auction Ends: Monday 4/4 @ 1:00PM EDT
Bio: Grace Lin is the author and illustrator of picture books, early readers and middle grade novels. Grace’s 2010 Newbery Honor book WHERE THE MOUNTAIN MEETS THE MOON was chosen for Al Roker’s Today Show Kid’s Book Club and was a NY Times Bestseller. LING & TING, Grace’s first early reader, was honored with the Theodor Geisel Honor in 2011. An Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award nominee for the US, most of Grace’s books are about the Asian-American experience because she believes, “Books erase bias, they make the uncommon everyday, and the mundane exotic. A book makes all cultures universal.” See more about Grace and her work at http://www.gracelin.com.
Author, Illustrator Grace Lin’s Website: http://www.gracelin.com
- Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount; anonymous bidding is not allowed.
- Do not bid unless you intend to pay that amount to a designated charity organization.
- Bids are in U.S. Dollars.
- Bids under $50 must be at least $1 more than the previous bid; bids from $50 to under $100 must be at least $2 more than the previous bid; bids of $100 or more must be at least $5 more than the previous bid. Overbids are encouraged.
- Highest bid before the end of the auction wins; if the highest bid is less than the reserve amount, the auction is extended until the reserve amount is reached; if no reserve amount is stated, the reserve amount is 50% of the item’s estimated value.
- Winning bid is not final until the winning bidder is notified by email. Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
- For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.