Auction #71: Critique of picture book manuscript plus a cover letter from Laura Atkins
Description: I will offer a full critique of a picture book manuscript plus a cover letter. Feedback will come in the form of comments and tracked changes (with suggested edits/corrections) on your manuscript, plus an email with more general comments. You can read more about my picture book critiques here: http://www.lauraatkins.com/newblog/blog7.php/critiquing-picture-books-how-does
Estimated Value: $125
Auction Begins: Thursday 3/31 @ 3:00PM EDT
Auction Ends: Tuesday 4/5 @ 3:00PM EDT
Bio: I am a children’s book specialist who worked for seven years in editorial departments in the United States. I now teaching writing for children at the National Centre for Research in Children’s Literature (NCRCL) in Roehampton University in London. I also offer freelance editorial services. Recently, I’ve had two clients long-listed and short-listed for the Chicken House Competition, one signed by an agent, and another has had her book requested by OUP. Please see my website (www.lauraatkins.com) and blog (www.lauraatkins.com/newblog) for more information.
Editor Laura Atkins’s Website: http://www.lauraatkins.com
- Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount; anonymous bidding is not allowed.
- Do not bid unless you intend to pay that amount to a designated charity organization.
- Bids are in U.S. Dollars.
- Bids under $50 must be at least $1 more than the previous bid; bids from $50 to under $100 must be at least $2 more than the previous bid; bids of $100 or more must be at least $5 more than the previous bid. Overbids are encouraged.
- Highest bid before the end of the auction wins; if the highest bid is less than the reserve amount, the auction is extended until the reserve amount is reached; if no reserve amount is stated, the reserve amount is 50% of the item’s estimated value.
- Winning bid is not final until the winning bidder is notified by email. Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
- For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.