Auction #74: autographed copy, SHE SANG PROMISE: The Story of Betty Mae Jumper, Seminole Tribal Leader from Jan Godown Annino
Description: This book is beautifully illustrated by award-winning artist Lisa Desimini.
The copy won & mailed with loving care to the auction winner will be signed by both Lisa & Jan.
This is a fine addition to any family bookshelf, public library, or school media center.
The book was vetted with the curatorial staff of the Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum of the Seminole Tribe of Florida on the Big Cypress Reservation.
The artwork Lisa created for this project & printed in the book, is stunning.
Estimated Value: $30
Minimum Bid: $5
Auction Begins: Friday 4/1 @ 10:00AM EDT
Auction Ends: Wednesday 4/6 @ 10:00AM EDT
Bio: Jan Godown Annino live in suburban North Florida, USA, under a great, grandmother oak tree, where she reads a lot with her family.
She also visits schools to share the love of reading with 2nd grade students, through the BookPALS & PencilPALS program of the Screen Actors Guild.
Because she met an amazing newspaper editor years ago & stayed in touch with her, Jan was able to write the story of her life, in a picture book.
The 2010 title is –
SHE SANG PROMISE: The Story of Betty Mae Jumper, Seminole Tribal Leader, from National Geographic Children’s Books, illustrated by Lisa Desimini, with a letter to young readers from the poet, Moses Jumper, Jr.
She Sang Promise is honored with –
Amelia Bloomer Project Top 10 Book/American Library Association
Notable Social Studies Trade Book for Young People
Children’s Literature Gold Medal, Florida Book Awards
Author Jan Godown Annino’s Website: http://www.bookseedstudio.wordpress.com
- Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount; anonymous bidding is not allowed.
- Do not bid unless you intend to pay that amount to a designated charity organization.
- Bids are in U.S. Dollars.
- Bids under $50 must be at least $1 more than the previous bid; bids from $50 to under $100 must be at least $2 more than the previous bid; bids of $100 or more must be at least $5 more than the previous bid. Overbids are encouraged.
- Highest bid before the end of the auction wins; if the highest bid is less than the reserve amount, the auction is extended until the reserve amount is reached; if no reserve amount is stated, the reserve amount is 50% of the item’s estimated value.
- Winning bid is not final until the winning bidder is notified by email. Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
- For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.