Auction #76: ALOHA FOR CAROL ANN (Marimba Books 2011) illustrated by Priscilla Garcia Burris, signed by the author from Margo Sorenson
Description: ALOHA FOR CAROL ANN
Signed by the author
Illustrated by Priscilla Garcia Burris
Marimba Books, March 2011
Beautiful palm trees, pretty flowers and a warm breeze are all waiting to welcome 8-year-old Carol Ann to her new school in Hawaii. But Carol Ann doesn’t want a new school. She doesn’t want new friends, or palm trees, or a warm breeze. She wants her old friends. She wants her old home. She wants things the way they used to be. How will she remember her new classmates’ names? Who will she play with at recess? How will she ever feel at home in this new place? Then the teacher introduces Carol Ann to the term, “aloha.” She says the little word means “hello,” “welcome,” and a lot more. Carol Ann finds out for herself just how much “aloha” means as she makes a place for herself at her new school.
Estimated Value: $20
Minimum Bid: $25
Auction Begins: Friday 4/1 @ 12:00PM EDT
Auction Ends: Wednesday 4/6 @ 12:00PM EDT
Bio: Author of twenty-seven books, Margo Sorenson was born in Washington, DC, and spent the first seven years of her life in Spain and Italy, living where there were few children her age, so books became her friends. She finished her school years in California, graduating from the University of California at Los Angeles. After teaching high school and middle school and raising a family of two daughters, Margo is now a full-time writer, writing primarily for young people of all ages, toddlers through high schoolers. Margo enjoys writing for young readers since she believes they are ready for new ideas and experiences, and they really enjoy “living” the lives of the characters in books. She enjoys meeting with her readers in school and library settings from Minnesota to California and Hawaii.
Besides winning recognition and awards for her books from various groups, including the American Library Association, Margo was invited to donate and archive her working papers with the internationally-known children’s literature collection, the Kerlan Collection, at the University of Minnesota. After having lived in Hawaii, California, and Minnesota, Margo and her husband now live full-time in La Quinta, California. When she isn’t writing, she enjoys visiting her grandchildren, playing golf, reading, watching sports, traveling, and hearing from her readers.
Author Margo Sorenson’s Website: http://www.margosorenson.com
- Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount; anonymous bidding is not allowed.
- Do not bid unless you intend to pay that amount to a designated charity organization.
- Bids are in U.S. Dollars.
- Bids under $50 must be at least $1 more than the previous bid; bids from $50 to under $100 must be at least $2 more than the previous bid; bids of $100 or more must be at least $5 more than the previous bid. Overbids are encouraged.
- Highest bid before the end of the auction wins; if the highest bid is less than the reserve amount, the auction is extended until the reserve amount is reached; if no reserve amount is stated, the reserve amount is 50% of the item’s estimated value.
- Winning bid is not final until the winning bidder is notified by email. Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
- For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.