Auction #79: Skype visit to the school of your choice from Uma Krishnaswami
Description: The school of your choice anywhere in the world gets a free 1 hour long Skype visit with children’s author Uma Krishnaswami anytime between now and December 2012. The visit will include a presentation on Uma’s books, the craft of writing, and time for a Q & A. A gift pack of 4 signed books will be shipped to the school 3 months before the the scheduled Skype visit. Designated schools must have internet access and Skype capability.
Estimated Value: $150 x 2 winners
Auction Begins: Friday 4/1 @ 3:00PM EDT
Auction Ends: Wednesday 4/6 @ 3:00PM EDT
Bio: Uma Krishnaswami was born in India and now lives in northwest New Mexico. She is the author of picture books (Monsoon, The Happiest Tree, Chachaji’s Cup), a middle grade novel (Naming Maya) and early readers (Holi, Yoga Class). Her latest novel for young readers is The Grand Plan to Fix Everything, a Bollywood-themed romp featuring best friends, dancing monkeys, and chocolate, published by Atheneum, with a sequel due out in 2012. Uma is on the faculty of the Vermont College of Fine Arts MFA program in Writing for Children and Young Adults.
Author Uma Krishnaswami’s Website: http://www.umakrishnaswami.com
- Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount; anonymous bidding is not allowed.
- Do not bid unless you intend to pay that amount to a designated charity organization.
- Bids are in U.S. Dollars.
- Bids under $50 must be at least $1 more than the previous bid; bids from $50 to under $100 must be at least $2 more than the previous bid; bids of $100 or more must be at least $5 more than the previous bid. Overbids are encouraged.
- Highest bid before the end of the auction wins; if the highest bid is less than the reserve amount, the auction is extended until the reserve amount is reached; if no reserve amount is stated, the reserve amount is 50% of the item’s estimated value.
- Winning bid is not final until the winning bidder is notified by email. Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
- For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.