Auction #89: Two signed, middle-grade novels by Ann Haywood Leal; ALSO KNOWN AS HARPER and A FINDERS-KEEPERS PLACE from Ann Haywood Leal
Description: 1. ALSO KNOWN AS HARPER by Ann Haywood Leal: Harper Lee Morgan is an aspiring poet, which isn’t surprising, seeing as how she’s named after her mama’s favorite writer, Harper Lee. And life is giving her a lot to write about just now. Daddy up and walked out, leaving them broke. Then Harper’s family gets evicted.
With Mama scrambling to find work, Harper has to skip school to care for her little brother, Hemingway. Their lives have been turned upside down, which Harper could just about handle—if it wasn’t for the writing contest at school. If only she could get up on that stage and read her poems out loud . . .
2) A FINDERS-KEEPERS PLACE by Ann Haywood Leal: Esther Page has been trying to keep things together for as long as she can remember. Valley—that’s her mama—has always gotten funny notions like gardening indoors or living as the Amish do, without any electricity. And Esther has always cleaned up after those notions and watched our for her little sister, Ruth.
But Valley’s notions are getting wilder, and too many people are asking questions about what’s going on at home. It seems to Esther that the only person who can help is Ezekiel—the father she can barely remember.
Ezekiel was a preacher, that much is certain, so Esther takes Ruth on a search through all the churches in town. Somebody, somewhere, must know about Ezekiel . . .
Estimated Value: $33.98
Auction Begins: Tuesday 4/5 @ 9:00AM EDT
Auction Ends: Friday 4/8 @ 9:00AM EDT
Author Ann Haywood Leal’s Website: http://www.annhaywoodleal.com
- Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount; anonymous bidding is not allowed.
- Do not bid unless you intend to pay that amount to a designated charity organization.
- Bids are in U.S. Dollars.
- Bids under $50 must be at least $1 more than the previous bid; bids from $50 to under $100 must be at least $2 more than the previous bid; bids of $100 or more must be at least $5 more than the previous bid. Overbids are encouraged.
- Highest bid before the end of the auction wins; if the highest bid is less than the reserve amount, the auction is extended until the reserve amount is reached; if no reserve amount is stated, the reserve amount is 50% of the item’s estimated value.
- Winning bid is not final until the winning bidder is notified by email. Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
- For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.