Auction #100: Critique, partial middle-grade novel from Erin Murphy
Description: Detailed critique of the first five chapters (up to 50 pages) of a middle-grade novel, and dialogue afterwards via email to answer the writer’s follow-up questions. Erin has a closed submission policy and has not done conference critiques in some time (as she has switched to taking pitches at conferences of late), but has been praised for her kind and useful critiques that cut to the heart of concerns in the writing and positioning of a manuscript.
Estimated Value: $200
Auction Begins: Wednesday 4/6 @ 12:00PM EDT
Auction Ends: Monday 4/11 @ 12:00PM EDT
Bio: Erin Murphy founded Erin Murphy Literary Agency in Flagstaff, Arizona in 1999. She represents writers and writer-illustrators of picture books, novels for middle-graders and young adults, and select nonfiction. She is especially drawn to strong characters and heart-centered stories that straddle the line between literary and commercial. She has recently guest blogged at http://shrinkingvioletpromotions.blogspot.com/2011/02/literary-agent-erin-murphy-success-is.html and http://donnagephart.blogspot.com/2011/02/agent-erin-murphy-and-author-audrey.html.
Agent Erin Murphy’s Website: http://emliterary.com
- Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount; anonymous bidding is not allowed.
- Do not bid unless you intend to pay that amount to a designated charity organization.
- Bids are in U.S. Dollars.
- Bids under $50 must be at least $1 more than the previous bid; bids from $50 to under $100 must be at least $2 more than the previous bid; bids of $100 or more must be at least $5 more than the previous bid. Overbids are encouraged.
- Highest bid before the end of the auction wins; if the highest bid is less than the reserve amount, the auction is extended until the reserve amount is reached; if no reserve amount is stated, the reserve amount is 50% of the item’s estimated value.
- Winning bid is not final until the winning bidder is notified by email. Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
- For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.