Auction #106: Signed hardcover copy of Carolina Harmony from Marilyn Taylor McDowell
Description: This book is now a Yearling paperback and the hardcovers are hard to come by. The hardcover would make a lovely gift to a child or your local public library.
Estimated Value: $16.99
Auction Begins: Thursday 4/7 @ 10:00AM EDT
Auction Ends: Tuesday 4/12 @ 10:00AM EDT
Bio: Marilyn Taylor McDowell has been bringing children and books together for over 25 years. She volunteered her time as Chairperson of the Library in her children’s elementary school for over six years and went on to open a children’s only bookshop. She headed up a Cultural Arts program to bring storytellers and musicians to a rural school and has led writing workshops for young writers. She has performed as a storyteller and has often volunteered to lead storytimes in schools, libraries and bookstores. Her debut mid-grade novel, Carolina Harmony, was published in March 2009 and was a Booklists Top Historical Fiction for Youth pick. She is currently revising her second mid-grade novel.
Author Marilyn Taylor McDowell’s Website: http://www.marilyntaylormcdowell.com
- Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount; anonymous bidding is not allowed.
- Do not bid unless you intend to pay that amount to a designated charity organization.
- Bids are in U.S. Dollars.
- Bids under $50 must be at least $1 more than the previous bid; bids from $50 to under $100 must be at least $2 more than the previous bid; bids of $100 or more must be at least $5 more than the previous bid. Overbids are encouraged.
- Highest bid before the end of the auction wins; if the highest bid is less than the reserve amount, the auction is extended until the reserve amount is reached; if no reserve amount is stated, the reserve amount is 50% of the item’s estimated value.
- Winning bid is not final until the winning bidder is notified by email. Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
- For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.