Auction #108: Novel Synopsis Critique from Esther Hershenhorn
Description: Winning this item entitles the writer to a personal (via the telephone) critique of a synopsis of a novel – middle grade or YA, up to 3 pages single-spaced, typed in 12 pt. font. Emailed notes/comments/suggestions are included. The writer may additionally submit his or her cover/query letter along with the synopsis.
Estimated Value: $250
Minimum Bid: $50
Auction Begins: Thursday 4/7 @ 12:00PM EDT
Auction Ends: Tuesday 4/12 @ 12:00PM EDT
Bio: Award-winning Chicago children’s book author Esther Hershenhorn spends her days doing what she loves: writing picture books and middle grade fiction, teaching Writing for Children Workshops at the University of Chicago’s Writer’s Studio and the Newberry Library and coaching writers of all ages to help them tell their stories.
Author, Editor Esther Hershenhorn’s Website: http://www.estherhershenhorn.com
- Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount; anonymous bidding is not allowed.
- Do not bid unless you intend to pay that amount to a designated charity organization.
- Bids are in U.S. Dollars.
- Bids under $50 must be at least $1 more than the previous bid; bids from $50 to under $100 must be at least $2 more than the previous bid; bids of $100 or more must be at least $5 more than the previous bid. Overbids are encouraged.
- Highest bid before the end of the auction wins; if the highest bid is less than the reserve amount, the auction is extended until the reserve amount is reached; if no reserve amount is stated, the reserve amount is 50% of the item’s estimated value.
- Winning bid is not final until the winning bidder is notified by email. Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
- For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.