Auction #110: Field Class for up to 25 children from Michelle Cusolito
Description: I will facilitate a 2 to 2.5 hour field class/nature hike/ nature investigation for your class, home schooling group, or other group of children in grades 2-5 (or for elementary teachers in training). All work will be tied to state standards and tailored to meet the needs of your group.
Possible field work (not limited to these suggestions):
- Tidal pool/ beach investigation for those near the ocean
- Woodland or field investigation
- Schoolyard garden development
- “Nature in the city” investigation
- Or, if field work is truly not possible, I will develop a science investigation to happen in a classroom or other indoor facility.
I’m flexible about the content of the session, but it must be a true science investigation with a hands-on component. I could also facilitate a poetry writing session following an investigation or field work, but all work must be completed in the 2 to 2 ½ hour time frame.
To get a sense of what you should expect from me, check out my blog. http://michellecusolito.blogspot.com/
Many different nature investigations I’ve facilitated are described there, including nature hikes, gardening, and field trips.
- Must be for a group within 50 miles of Rochester, MA according to Mapquest. For bids over $250, I’ll travel 75 miles.
- Bidders must provide a minimum of 1 adult chaperone for every 5 children.
- Must be scheduled between now and November 1, 2011. Summer dates are available for homeschoolers and other groups.
Estimated Value: $300
Minimum Bid: $100
Auction Begins: Thursday 4/7 @ 2:00PM EDT
Auction Ends: Tuesday 4/12 @ 2:00PM EDT
Bio: Michelle has worked as a Naturalist, Grade 4 Teacher, Educational Consultant and Adjunct Professor for Lesley University’s Graduate School of Education. A National Board Certified Teacher, she also served as the President of the Board for Cape Outdoor Discovery (environmental camp) for 7 years. She currently writes for children and is seeking representation/publication for her non-fiction book “SNAKE! An Ecuadoran Adventure” and her picture books “When Camels Dance” and “Polliwog Safari.”
Author, Educator/Naturalist Michelle Cusolito’s Website: http://michellecusolito.blogspot.com/
- Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount; anonymous bidding is not allowed.
- Do not bid unless you intend to pay that amount to a designated charity organization.
- Bids are in U.S. Dollars.
- Bids under $50 must be at least $1 more than the previous bid; bids from $50 to under $100 must be at least $2 more than the previous bid; bids of $100 or more must be at least $5 more than the previous bid. Overbids are encouraged.
- Highest bid before the end of the auction wins; if the highest bid is less than the reserve amount, the auction is extended until the reserve amount is reached; if no reserve amount is stated, the reserve amount is 50% of the item’s estimated value.
- Winning bid is not final until the winning bidder is notified by email. Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
- For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.