Auction #115b: A written critique from Ann Manheimer
Description: The winner of this auction will receive a written critique of the first 15 pages of your young adult or middle grade work of fiction or non-fiction. I will need to see a synopsis of the entire work, and would be happy to have an e-mail discussion in advance if your are looking for any specific kind of feedback. I will provide a detailed letter along with many in-text comments, looking at story structure (this holds true for non-fiction as well as fiction), plot, character, appeal, and language usage. I have been writing all of my adult life, first as a journalist, then for young people. I have been involved in critique groups and workshops for over fifteen years, and have attended the Vermont College MFA program in Writing for Children and Young Adults.
Estimated Value: $60
Minimum Bid: $30
Auction Begins: Friday 4/8 @ 11:30AM EDT
Auction Ends: Wednesday 4/13 @ 11:30AM EDT
Bio: Ann Manheimer is the author of the award-winning biography, Martin Luther King, Jr.: Dreaming of Equality; and of James Pierson Beckwourth: Legendary Mountain Man, the exciting story of the nineteenth-century African American adventurer. She has also edited non-fiction anthologies on topical subjects for young adults. Her short stories, essays, and articles have appeared in anthologies, literary magazines, and on radio. In addition to writing, she teaches in elementary schools, does author visits, speaks at conferences, and provides private manuscript consultations.
Author, Teacher Ann Manheimer’s Website: http://www.annmanheimer.com
- Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount; anonymous bidding is not allowed.
- Do not bid unless you intend to pay that amount to a designated charity organization.
- Bids are in U.S. Dollars.
- Bids under $50 must be at least $1 more than the previous bid; bids from $50 to under $100 must be at least $2 more than the previous bid; bids of $100 or more must be at least $5 more than the previous bid. Overbids are encouraged.
- Highest bid before the end of the auction wins; if the highest bid is less than the reserve amount, the auction is extended until the reserve amount is reached; if no reserve amount is stated, the reserve amount is 50% of the item’s estimated value.
- Winning bid is not final until the winning bidder is notified by email. Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
- For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.