Auction #117: Signed hardcover of SMALL PERSONS WITH WINGS and paperback of THE UNNAMEABLES from Ellen Booraem
Description: SMALL PERSONS WITH WINGS is the story of a snarky 13-year-old endangered by the equally snarky fairies with whom her family has an ancient pact. In a starred review (one of three!), Publishers Weekly described it as “wistful, humorous, and clever.” THE UNNAMEABLES is about a modern-day island whose isolated culture has become strictly utilitarian, a boy who secretly makes art, and a magical creature who helps him shake things up. Kirkus Reviews deemed it a Best Book of 2008, calling it “an ever-surprising, genre-defying page-turner,” and it was an ALA Best Book for Young Adults. Both books are for ages nine and older.
Estimated Value: $24
Auction Begins: Friday 4/8 @ 1:00PM EDT
Auction Ends: Wednesday 4/13 @ 1:00PM EDT
Bio: A former reporter and editor for rural weeklies, Ellen Booraem lives in Brooklin, Maine. She is the author of the critically acclaimed fantasies SMALL PERSONS WITH WINGS (Penguin/Dial Books for Young Readers, 2011) and THE UNNAMEABLES (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2008 hardcover and 2011 paperback), both for ages nine and up. Visit her online at http://www.ellenbooraem.com.
Author Ellen Booraem’s Website: http://www.ellenbooraem.com
- Bid by posting a comment with your bid amount; anonymous bidding is not allowed.
- Do not bid unless you intend to pay that amount to a designated charity organization.
- Bids are in U.S. Dollars.
- Bids under $50 must be at least $1 more than the previous bid; bids from $50 to under $100 must be at least $2 more than the previous bid; bids of $100 or more must be at least $5 more than the previous bid. Overbids are encouraged.
- Highest bid before the end of the auction wins; if the highest bid is less than the reserve amount, the auction is extended until the reserve amount is reached; if no reserve amount is stated, the reserve amount is 50% of the item’s estimated value.
- Winning bid is not final until the winning bidder is notified by email. Winning bidder must donate the winning bid amount to a designated charity organization and provide a copy of the receipt within three days of notification.
- For physical items, unless otherwise noted, donor pays standard shipping within the U.S.; winning bidder pays for express shipping or for shipping outside the U.S.